Carrying on with the chic afrique theme touched on yesterday for interiors, I came across these fab African print wedges in Aldo recently and decided to delve a little deeper to see who else had some great African inspired kicks on offer.
1. Cynthia Vincent for Target. I love the print on these shoes and the platform wedges are the perfect go to shoe for summer. The colourful print makes them a perfect choice for your bright summer dresses.
2. Aldo Forwood Wedges in Green $90. The print on these is more subtle and could prove more wearable.
3. Aldo Forwood Wedges in Turquoise $90. But I absolutely adore these and they're easily my favourite of the bunch.
4. Cynthia Vincent for Target. I love a bright and/or sparkly ballet pump (as seen here) and these are right up my street.
5. L'Afrique Violette Keds $60. These slip on Keds are great run around shoes for when you're super casual.
6. Slither Slam Keds $65. I love the print on these shoes. They'd look great for a casual take on a bright summer dress.
7. Libate Keds $65. Or you could keep it simple and pair these print shoes with a simple white outfit for maximum summer impact.
Sometimes a bold pop of colour is all your need to let the world know spring has sprung.
Kourtney Kardashian looks amazing in her bright blue Christian Louboutin Madame Butterfly boots and her monochrome outfit.
They might not all be suede, but they are blue and they are fabulous!
1. Christian Louboutin Trailer 140mm
2. United Nude Helix Ankle Boots $225 now $124.
3. Mulberry Postman's Lock Boots $695 now $348.
4. Poetic Licence $129 now $117.
5. Christian Louboutin Denis 100mm
6. Charlotte Russe Ankle Boots $35
7. Pour La Victoire Irina $250
Atalanta Weller. All out fabulousness. I remember a friend from school telling me about her good friend with the really cool name who designed shoes.
The intergalactic spectrum of colours, using the most refined Italian leather, designed with an artisan edge to create a truly luxurious shoe.
She's already collaborated with Henry Holland, Gareth Pugh and Sinha Stanic. Already she can count Rihanna, Agyness Deyn and Skin as her fans.
And she's only on her third collection.
Ash Calf Hair Boots $265 now $132.
Go get 'em tiger.
I'm feeling the need for some sparkly new kicks. Which are your favourites?
1. Giuseppe Zanotti $450. I love the bold pop of colour capped off with gold sparkles on these flats.
2. Steve Madden Judde $100. The dark silver version are on sale here. I love the contrast of quite a serious shoe with so much sparkle.
3. Steve Madden Kinetic $60. These are looking very likely to be the pair that make it home with me. Simple yet sparkly = timeless.
4. Distressed Leather Moccasins $22.50. The distressed leather adds a luxe lived in feel to these shoes.
5. Red Glitter Flats $40. Memories of Dorothy live on in these sparkly red shoes.
6. Marc Jacobs Lace Up Loafers $775 now $542.50. I love the fabulous contrast of the muted grey leather with the gold glitter panels.
7. Pour La Victoire Erna Flat $170 now $81. Or it might be these that make it home with me. Gotta love sparkly pink shoes.
8. Alloy Vabene Oxford $20 now $16. If you're only interested in dipping a toe into this trend, at this price point, there will be no regrets.
9. Stuart Weitzman $275. If you're after some super high quality kicks, you can't go wrong with Stuart.
10. Topshop Neptune Embellished Boots $85. If ankle boots are your preferred style of flat, Topshop have got you covered.
Such easy, simple to wear, to with everything and look pretty comfortable shoes.
I love my 4 inch heels. A lot. Especially these.
But every now and then, on an evening out, its kinda nice to step down a little to a comfy 2 inch.
I love all these shoes but its the gold and silver ones that really popped.
Bordeaux Patent Leather Boots $930 now $372
Zebra Print Suede Sandals $720 now $216
Gold Leather Sandals $350 now $140
Silver Leather Sandals $350 now $140
Erin Cutout Pumps $280 now $112
Delighted to announce the winner of the Free Shoes giveaway with United Nude is.......
Please get in touch by email asap so I can tell you what we need to do.
If we haven't heard from you by Friday 18th February, another winner will be selected!
With their quirky-cool style Irregular Choice has been a brand that's been on my radar and made it into my wardrobe a long time ago.
Launched on 1999 in the quaint English seaside town of Brighton (which I absolutely ADORE), Dan Sullivan was on a mission to change the way we see shoes and put his 'stomp' on the footwear world.
Irregular Choice is known for maintaining creativity and individuality in a world of conformity. Irregular Choice is a state of mind, a way of being, a chance to step out of the ordinary and wear some kicks with some serious stomp factor. Fresh, fun, imaginative and original.....let your freak flag fly.
These sparkly, shiny, shimmery, fantastically magnificent shoes had me at hello.
Top Row. Left: Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal Embellished Sandals. Right: Miu Miu Crystal Heel Satin Shoes
2nd Row. Left: Christian Louboutin Right: Gucci Crystal Embellished Sandals
3rd Row. Left: Badgley Mischka Right: D&G Crystal Suede Platform
4th Row. Left: Jimmy Choo Lancer Right: Giuseppe Zanotti Rainbow Crystal
Bottom. Miu Miu Glitter & Crystal Brogues
And don't forget to enter the United Nude giveaway to win yourself a pair of FREE SHOES! Click here to enter.